Tuesday 28 February 2012

Handmade Jewellery

I've been meaning to do this since about September last year but just haven't gotten round to it.  I've always had a certain interest in armour and weaponry.  Over last summer I discovered that you could buy chain maille rings and have a go at making some yourself, and that you could even make chain maille jewellery!  Well I just couldn't resist it so I learnt how to make a celtic star and have since turned this pattern into bracelets, necklaces and earrings.  I'm hoping to sell them on Etsy, but thought I'd give you all a sneak peek of what they look like!

Mint green bracelet

Mint green pendant

Dark grey bracelet

Dark grey earrings


Lilac bracelet

Lilac necklace

Whilst making these I also realised I had a lot of jewellery I don't wear any more.  Rather than throwing it out, or selling it on Ebay, I've decided to recycle it and make some new pieces.  I've only made one piece so far but I've got lots of materials left to work with!

Kilt pin brooch

I'll let you all know as soon as my Etsy shop is online and ready to go.  In the mean time please keep a look out for polls regarding prices, the more feedback I get the better!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...