Sunday, 28 November 2010
Saturday, 27 November 2010
Thursday, 18 November 2010
Monday, 11 October 2010
Sunday, 3 October 2010
Saturday, 18 September 2010
Friday, 10 September 2010
Sunday, 5 September 2010
Monday, 30 August 2010
Friday, 27 August 2010
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Sunday, 22 August 2010
Saturday, 21 August 2010
Friday, 20 August 2010
Saturday, 27 February 2010
3 medium eggs
1 large chopped onion
1 small mug of rice
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
3 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1. Wash the rice and put it into a pan of already boiling water to cook for about 10 mins
2. Fry the onion and garlic, using a little oil, in a separate pan until golden
3. Beat the eggs together in a bowl and add these to the onions
4. Stir this mixture together until the egg is cooked and forms clumps
5. Drain the cooked rice and add this to the egg mixture
6. Add the soy sauce and stir fry for a further 2 mins
I'm a student at university and it's annoying me how many students still refuse to cook decent meals, despite all of these new awesome websites like Student Recipes and the many student cookbooks that are around.
So I've decdied that I'm going to post all of the recipes of the meals I am making on here in the hope that some poor starving student who has eaten nothing but microwave meals for the past 6 months will stumble across this and be tempted to cook some proper food.
So to start off heres a recipe that I make at least once a week. If not twice, three times or daily!
Tuna Pasta (serves 3)
6 rashers of bacon
1 large onion
1 tin of tuna
2 cloves of garlic
i tbsp of tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp of dried mixed herbs
250g dried pasta
1. Chop the bacon and onions into 1cm squares
2. Finely chop the garlic
3. Fry the bacon on a high heat until it is crispy
4. Then add the onions and garlic and fry on a low heat until the onions are cooked and translucent.
5. Boil a pan of water and add the pasta and a pinch of salt (so the pasta doesn't stick together). Cook the pasta according to the packaging.
6. While the pasta is cooking add the mixed herbs, chopped tomatoes and tomato puree to the bacon mixture.
7. Drain the tinned tuna and stire this into the sauce.
8. Simmer the sauce mixture gently until the pasta is cooked then toss the drained pasta in the sauce.
To turn this into a pasta bake just put it in a casserole dish, throw lots of grated cheese on top and bake it in an oven preheated to 190°C until the cheese is golden.