Tomato Soup (serves 2-3)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 large onion
1 large potato
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 pint chicken stock
1 tsp dried basil
2 red peppers (optional)
1. Roughly chop the onion and garlic then fry until the onions are soft.
2. Add the chopped peppers (if you want to add them) and fry for 2mins.
3. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and add the tomato puree and basil.
4. Chop the potato and add this to the mixture along with the chicken stock.
5. Simmer this for about 20mins until the potato is cooked.
6. Blend the soup using a handheld blender/food processor.
7. Add some chopped fresh basil just before serving (optional)