Seriously though you can pack so much good stuff into soup, stuff that you wouldn't normally eat, and it still tastes absolutely yummy!! I even got Dunc (the bf) to eat the following recipe which is a miracle in itself!!! And he had seconds!! (For those of you that don't know Dunc doesn't eat veg. Unless it's carrots or potatoes. Won't even look at any other veg!)
So on with the recipe!
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers bacon
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 large leek
3 sticks of celery
1 large potato
1 pint chicken stock
1. Chop the chicken and bacon into bitesize pieces. Fry these in 1tbsp of oil in a large pan until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crispy.
2. Chop the onion, leek and garlic. Then add these to the chicken and fry until the onion and leek are soft.
3. Grate the the celery and chop the carrots and potato.
4. Add these to the pan and pour in the chicken stock (add more water if you think it needs it).
5. Add 1tbsp of tomato puree and 2tsps of basil.
6. Leave this to simmer for as long as you can (it tastes better the longer you leave it!) but if you can't wait give it at least 20mins-half an hour.
If you want to bulk out this stew even more then just throw in a couple of handfuls of pasta before you leave it to simmer!