Leek and Potato Soup
2/3 large potatoes
1 clove of garlic
Dried mixed herbs
2 chicken stock cubes
salt and black pepper
50ml single cream
1. Fry the chopped leeks in a knob of butter until they have softened.
2. Add the chopped garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
3. Add 2 tsps of mixed herbs.
4. Add the stock cubes and a pint of hot water.
5. Put in the chopped potatoes and bring this to the boil. Simmer for about 20mins.
6. Blend roughly using a hand blender. Have it as smooth as you like but I like to leave so it's still quite lumpy.
7. Season to taste and stir in the single cream.
8. Serve immediately with some fresh bread.