Monday 30 August 2010

Just a quick one...

No recipe in this post but I want to tell you all about a revelation I've had! :D

So I'm becoming more health conscious about the things I eat. Not because I want to diet to lose weight etc. but because I want to take care of the body I have as it's the only one I'm gonna get!!

This doesn't just mean eating more veg etc. which is obviously very good for you! But now I'm thinking about where the meat that I'm eating has come from so I'm going to make a conscious effort to go to the local butchers rather than the supermarkets. At least then I can know whether the animal has had a decent life and not feel guilty if it's been bred in poor conditions just so I can buy it at a cheaper price.

Also if you're looking to eat healthier think about how much oil you're putting in your food and cut it down! One easy way I've found of doing this is by buying this magical spray called Fry Light.


It's pretty magical stuff! I've found that if I'm cooking normal stuff I only need to use a couple of sprays in the bottom of the pan and it works great!! It's great for roasting too and in general you just use a lot less oil!

I'm so please with it that I'm going to buy a special oil spray that I can refill so I can continue to use just a tiny bit of oil rather than not really paying attention to how much I'm putting in! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...