Wednesday 3 August 2011

You're doing it wrong!

Ok so it's officially only 52 minutes until I turn 21.  Then I will be able to legally drink alcohol in all of the US states.  Which will be helpful if I ever go to the US and fancy a cocktail or two.

I've not posted in a bit because...  Well if I'm honest I just got a bit annoyed at this entire blogging thing.  Not particularly with my blog but with some others that I've been following.  Maybe I'm getting the idea of a blog entirely wrong but surely you write a blog because you like to write?  And if you like to write then you should care about how you write.  No?  So if both of these things are true then you should care about your spelling and grammar?  (Feel free to leave a comment if you think I'm talking crazy.)

I've been following a lot of blogs recently and it infuriates me to see people writing blogs with incorrect spelling and grammar.  This vexes me most when it's someone whose first language is English.  If you can't be bothered to learn how to write your own language properly then why are you bothering with a blog?  A blog is all about writing!  Have some respect and pick up a dictionary once in a while.

Sorry for the rant but this is a pet peeve of mine and really gets me wound up!

If, like me, you prefer your grammar and spelling to be correct at all times then you might like this book.



It's a very good and amusing read!  I know that I picked up on a lot of grammar that I didn't know about or had forgotten from this book.

You should also watch the video below!  Hank Green at his Nerdfighteria best.



P.S. Agh 39 minutes til I'm old now!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...