To resolve that and make myself feel a little better I'm going to show you some pictures from a show I did earlier this year called "The Importance of Being Earnest". I designed the set for this show and had to do it by recycling pieces that we already had at the university as we only had around a £300 budget for the entire show.
Anyway I'll start off with some close up pictures of the set pieces, all I did with them was modify them a little (take bits off that I didn't want, fill in holes etc.) and then paint them. I ended up with a team of very talented painters (mainly the cast) who I couldn't have done it without!
This window is totally wrong for the type of house this is supposed to be but, like I said before, I had to work with what was already at the university. The picture that you can see in the window is actually a photo I took in the local park. I'll try and remember where I saved those pictures and I'll do another blog post with them in.
I also painted the fire place, which you'll see in the photos below, but I'm not putting any close up pictures of it on here because I honestly don't like it. I would do it so differently now, but I guess that all just part of the learning experience.
I don't think the pictures quite do it justice but at least now you've all had a little insight into what I do while I'm at university.